Thursday, January 27, 2005

Circle of Friends (History)

A Post no to be proud of...

Everyday I meet my friends, of cause I do, because they are all around my life. But what I do have is my circle of special friends. My definition of “special” means friends that I think are nice people. I got plenty of friends which I think isn’t nice people; I still consider them friends because I treat them best I can. And most of the time, they wouldn’t know. Nor would I bitch about them everywhere I go and that I would do it in front of people I know that are mature enough or insist to know.

Everyday, people walk in and out of this circle simply because everyday I know my friends better and better. Their true colors shines more brightly as you hang out with them more often so my opinion of them changes every now and then. What I’m trying to say is that I have all lot of friends that I don’t like. To be honest, I think my ex-school have allot of people that don’t deserve to be in my circle. I would say out of 10 people I know from my old school, hardly 3 to 4 is in my circle. The rest gets a 4 and below if I rate their personality from 1-10. Yes, that’s how bad my school is. Only after I left it, I realize that DJian’s aren’t to nice people after all. Can’t believe I’m actually saying this but that’s what I’ve observed these 3 weeks of my college life, the life I’m experiencing out of DJ is so different. Can’t believe how much I was blinded to see there are actually so many other nice people out there to hang out with then just that old bunch of DOTA-ers. And these people that I’m with now in HELP INT. (DUians, CHSians and Cempakens) they are wonderful people, especially the DUians, I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, after 3 years knowing them now (since OBS 2002 YAC 16, and OBS CAC 56 when they were in a tailor made course), I still think they are great people. 2004’s form 5’s were so united and their friendship so strong that it actually touches me. Often I wonder why DJians be more like DUians. Look, I don’t care what results these schools produce. I don’t care about their academic achievements. What I care is the people inside… their level of maturity, their level of understanding and tolerance. All these values are MUCH more important then what results a school can produce! It’s saddening these are what the government and the administration of the school cares. How many as can their student score in SPM, PMR and blah blah blah. To me, I don’t freaking care how many As one score, if that person is socially outcasted by his friends like many other, I don’t think he was happy in that school. Some people in my school as I observed, is a loner. They go to school for only one purpose… to study… and they are so focused that they forsaken their social life. During PJKs, while we all go and have fun playing football and basket ball, they rather sit at the pavilion doing their homework. I’m sure this happens in all schools. Ask yourself this, are you the type of person that would go up to them and ask why not they join in? Or just leave them to do what they like… be honest with yourself… most of us would just ignore their presents. Well, I was like that too, but if now, I see a person sitting there alone and I’m with this big bunch of friends chatting away. I WILL go up to him and ask him to join us. Because I understand how they feel and they haven got over their shyness yet. It takes quite lot of guts to go true that stage if you know what I mean. And people, who have gone over it, should help others as much as they can. How many schoolmates of yours would do that? In my school, I would say 1 in a 50… YES… that’s how bad I think my school is. And I think that DUians would be around 1 in a 20? Bleh, I may be wrong but that’s my impression of them. Haha, enough of promoting SMKDU and back to the title… as you can guess, I’ve put allot of DUians in my friendship circle with or without them knowing. And if my other friends are aware enough, I would give sufficient hints that they are not welcomed in my circle. And I think this is very important. As most of my friends know, I’m starting a LEO club in HELP INT. and I really need all the support I can get from the friends I have in this circle. And whoever’s out of it, please note that you’re not welcomed anyway, for I don’t want any hypocrites in my club. I can see who’s sincere in helping out and who’s not… I’m not blind as I was anymore. At this juncture, I thank my readers for bearing with my bad grammar and spelling and paragraphing of this blog because I do know it’s a sore to the eyes to read such a long entry. And again I remind all of you, comments from anyone who’s sincere in their words are always welcome. Make yourself at home and type whatever you want in the chat box… =)

No comments: