Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Mum's Birthday (History)

Today was my mom’s birthday. We went to a place call Marche in The Curve. The place totally rocks man. No time write how good the food is and all lar. That’s not my objective of writing this blog. But I want to share this any one who reads this. =) anyways, it started off like any other normal family dinner, but ended in a very magical way. Well, if you really want to know, we had salmon, mushroom soup, chicken pasta, sausage and the rest I can’t really remember lar.

After filling our stomach, we started talking about me… and erm.. well it didn’t start too well, cause like all parents, they’ll dig up how lazy I’ve been lately, college started and I haven really studied and blah blah blah… I’m sure I don’t need to describe it in detail. Suddenly, I decided to take a different approach. Instead of nodding and wishing it to end asap, I started to argue my points. I was getting fed up.

Amazingly, they took it calmly this time and did not say things like “don’t you dare talk like this to your parents” they actually started listening! I’m sure this isn’t normal for all teenagers. Our opinions are always taken as rebellious acts against our parents. But this time, they listened. I explained why I was playing computer.

Well, I have to admit this reason may not be the most valid one, I said if I were to just study everyday and do homework and all, when I get together with my friends, they would be like “hey ninja, do you want to play DOTA (a kind of warcraft 3 game) later?” and I would be like “er no, my parents wouldn’t let me” and after awhile, my friends will start neglecting me and I would be a outcast, a loner, someone who doesn’t know how to have fun, someone that has “no life”.

Common, we all have our interest and hobbies. They may not be the best hobbies but at least it’s something we can talk about in groups and laugh about. Well, not that I do play DOTA nowadays that much cause of several reasons. But I do miss those days when I can get together with my friends and just start talking bout it. Like “eh you remember that day we tapaued Sean they all within 26mins ar? Haha it was damn geng k, I used my lich and you were the Anti-Mage. Muahaha..” this conversations can go on forever. And to me, it’s important to have this kind of relationships with friends. These memories last forever. They really do.

But oh well, if you have read my other blog “My Past” erm.. well, I was boycott by that group of friends lar… so guess those days were over… erm… ok… back to “My Mom’s Birthday” haha… I’m like so off topic… LOL anyways, yeah. My parents actually started to look at things my way. Amazingly, this time, my mom was the 1st to agree with me. Normally, it would be my dad. Well, generally speaking, most moms are erm… less “cool”… haha… I’m sure u guys gotta agree with me… and yeah… after that, we had a walk around that place and my mom said it was the happiest day of her life.

This really invoked my thought. What I mean is, we didn’t buy her anything, I even erm… well, forgot to make her a card… but all I did was to clarify my thoughts and have a mutual understanding with my parents. She was really touched by this, how all this time I had these thoughts in my mind without letting them out. She was really happy, so was my dad, and of cause I was really happy too. I willingly gave her a kiss and she gave me one to. For the 1st time in my life, we had a meaningful family hug. Well too bad my brother couldn’t join us. He’s in USA… haha…

I hope readers of my blog do consider repairing their broken relationships with their parents. Or if it was never broken, appreciate them and tell them you love them every week at least? Yeah, I really appreciate my parents and I do love them a lot. Even before this, I always thank god how lucky I am to be placed in this family. Because my aunts and uncles, cousins, and even cousin’s cousins are all VERY nice people. Anytime if I’m having problems with my family or friends. I can call any of them up and they would be more then willing to help. Of cause not forgetting my always supporting brother in USA which taught me how to “fake smoke” when under pressure of friends… haha, but I never really used it lar… what’s fake smoke? Erm… ask him… haha… he personally gave a lesson to me, and 2 other cousins of mine… k lar, I’ll end here.

Lastly, I would like to say out loud that I really love my family and all true friends that I had over the years. Some I’ve lost contact, I’m really sorry bout that, but those who are still with me, I treasure every single memory I had with you guys.


No comments: