Thursday, January 05, 2006

Quotes

"There is this letter in my head, written yet unsent..." ~
"Ninja The Soothsayer"

"With Perfection comes Evil, Without Evil there is no Perfection..." ~
"Ninja The Soothsayer"


"A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal."
~ "Oscar Wilde"

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
~ "Oscar Wilde"

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you."
~ William Arthur Ward

"If you give up, no one will bother you, but no one will also notice you..."
~ Naruto

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."
~ Jalal al-Din Muhammad Rumi

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others; rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence."
~ Frederick Douglass 23/10/05

"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it." ~ Edith Sitwell
23/10/05

There is no greater joy nor greater reward than to make a fundamental difference in someone's life.
~ Sister Mary Rose McGeady

Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing to attempt.
William Shakespeare, "Measure for Measure", Act 1 scene 4
- More quotations on: [Doubt]

O, it is excellent to have a giant's strength; but it is tyrannous to use it like a giant.
~ William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure, 1604-1605

Farewell! thou art too dear for my possessing.
~ William Shakespeare, Sonnet lxxxvii

Is this a dagger which I see before me,
The handle toward my hand? Come, let me clutch thee.
I have thee not, and yet I see thee still.
Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible
To feeling as to sight? or art thou but
A dagger of the mind, a false creation,
Proceeding from the heat-oppressed brain?
~ William Shakespeare, "Macbeth", Act 2 scene 1

The worst is not
So long as we can say, "This is the worst."
~ William Shakespeare, "King Lear", Act 4 scene 1

My words fly up, my thoughts remain below:
Words without thoughts never to heaven go.
William Shakespeare, "Hamlet", Act 3 scene 3
- More quotations on: [Language]

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins, and worse remains behind.
~ William Shakespeare, "Hamlet", Act 3 scene 4

Nothing can come out of nothingness
~ William Shakespeare

So full of artless jealousy is guilt,
It spills itself in fearing to be spilt.
~ William Shakespeare, "Hamlet", Act 3 scene 5

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
~ William Shakespeare, "Hamlet", Act 2 scene 2

Don't be discouraged by a failure. It can be a positive experience. Failure is, in a sense,
the highway to success, inasmuch as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterwards carefully avoid.
~ John Keats (1795 - 1821)

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
~ Anne Frank (1929 - 1945), Diary of a Young Girl, 1952

No comments: