Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Today, I Met Karma..

Today, I met Karma, I asked her, where have you been all my life?
Why didn't you take revenge on all those who opposed me and treated me like dirt?
Why only appear now when my life is so miserable and making me feel even worse?

Karma looked at me and smiled, and she said:
"Don't be upset, I was just hiding till the right moment to appear."

I asked her, why didn't you appear any sooner?
How did you know this is the right moment to appear?
Who told you so?

Again, she smiled and took my hands and said:
"I am not for all to see, not for everyone to hear.
I bow to no one and no one should ever bow to me."

I stared blankly in total confusion.
And she hugged me.. a hug that I never felt before.. I hug that was imaginary...

Was Karma real? Was Karma always there and yet I was too blind to see her?
Was it all in my head and I'm schizophrenic or bipolar?

As though she heard my thoughts and she continued:
"It doesn't matter if I'm real or not,
it doesn't matter if people prove me wrong or not.
I love everyone just the same and hope they love one another and not me.
But I can't help it if some choose to worship me and put me on an altar,
or some others hate me and put me in the dishwasher."

It was the warmest hug I ever felt in these cold dark days.
It is true that it doesn't matter if it was "real".
All that matters is that I felt loved,
not for the first time,
but the first time by someone I never even met..

No comments: