Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hate

Albert Einstein once said,
"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!"

Well, I have to disagree. All my life I thought of love and hate, how much I love my family and friends and how much I hate lust, greed, lies and selfishness..

Yet, when I grew up, the more I hate I those things, the more I became part of them. And the more I love, the more I realised I can't be with anyone that I love, I am alone in this world and I have to deal with it.

The Asian culture has thought us not to be individualistic while the Western is probably almost entirely opposite of that. I now live in Australia where people care most about themselves. I do not mean that they are about themselves up to 80% and others 20%, but maybe something more subtle like 51/49.

But this greatly annoys me because I live for others, I live to serve others, and I live to help others. When I was put into this culture, I realised I cannot function because I expected others to do the same to me when I needed them most.

I do not think my expectations are great on others to "return the favour", but when I was most down, when I was most helpless, no one came to my aid, no one saw that I needed help, no one heard my cries.

Well, that kindda sucked..... lol


No comments: